Friday, February 11, 2011

Friendship



I was asked recently to give someone the definition of..."Friend..." 
My answer was, someone who is trustworthy, honest, sincere, confidant, who is understanding, and considerate...someone who is always there even when you haven't been in touch with each other in some time...

Well, when I got home, I had to call the person and say, "But, a true friend will not wait too long before they contact you..."  Reason, I began to think about God...how He went out searching for Adam because He hadn't heard from him in a while...

God loves us and wants us to talk to Him, daily...He misses us when we do not...Brings a smile to my face to know that God loves me like that...

I had a friend once, she passed away suddenly and the pain that my heart felt...because I never talked to her about God...my loss...

What is True Friendship According to the Bible???  Jesus Christ is the perfect example...No other man, woman or person has ever laid down their life for me, but Him...

Just as Jonathan was a friend to David,  in spite of the fact that his father wanted to kill him...he still befriended him...

The devil wants us all dead spiritually by the lies he tells us...He IS NOT YOU FRIEND...
GOD IS THE FRIEND!!!

He is your TRUE FRIEND...

Want a Friend...then show yourself friendly, with the Spirit of Christ....

God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment