Sunday, October 9, 2011

If You Died Tonight

I know that you are busy with work and kids and home,
But please just take a moment and read this little poem.

I wrote it just to ask you, if tonight you were to die?
What do you think would happen, what is it you’d reply?

I know that you are thinking, well I’ve always been so good.
I gave money to the poor and helped my neighbors when I could.

I wouldn’t ever hurt a soul; I never cheated on my wife.
I worked real hard every day and led a real good life.

You’d probably say, I hope to go to heaven when I die.
I never did a real bad thing except maybe tell a little lie.

But just being good is not enough to get you through heaven’s door.
There’s someone that you have to know, please let me tell you more.

His name is Jesus Christ, He’s the Savior of us all.
He died one day on Calvary – He had to take the fall.

Two thousand years ago, God sent His Son to save the lost.
I’m sure you heard His story – He’s the one who died upon the cross.

See God could not look at sin – He needed a sacrifice.
He needed someone who never sinned to set the whole world right.

I know it’s hard to understand, but His shed blood saved us from sin.
And what He did opened up the door for us to let Him in.

I promise if you just get to know Him, you two will never part.
Please take a minute and say this prayer; He’ll come to live inside your heart.

Lord, please forgive me for all my sins; please make my life anew.
I never realized God couldn’t see me, except to look through you.

On the third day you rose up and opened heaven’s door.
Thank you that you died for me and all my sins you bore.

Please live in me and help me see the world the way you do.
So when I die, I can spend eternity with you.

Now if someone were to ask you, if tonight you were to die?
I’m on my way to heaven, is what you will reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment