Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit

Matthew 5:23

Some have the misconception that to be poor in spirit is to be without physically...Not so...to be poor in spirit is to have the realization that we are nothing without God...

It is a person that realizes they cannot save themselves...they have a keen sense of a need for God's grace as the publican in Luke 18:13---"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner..."

People who have abandoned pride and arrogance for a life of serving Christ...to become broken and contrite...to realize that I am nothing, I can do nothing, I will never be anything without God...

Just as the prodigal son realized after being entangled in self, that he must return to the Father's House...Praise the Lord!!!

This is where our soul longs to be---with the Lord who made us...

I am the poorest rich person I know, cause I know God...Do you???

This life will pass, our possesions will rust and decay, but the life we live for Christ will last...this is true living...

Your soul will live on...either Heaven or Hell...which one will you choose...

Even, Jesus had to become broken of self will...He didn't want to die...He asked His Father if it be His will, let this cup pass...but nontheless Father, thy will be done...

Praise God---He became poor in spirit, so that I could become Poor in Spirit and gain Heaven...

Think on this...

God bless,

PamzSpamz

No comments:

Post a Comment