Monday, January 3, 2011

Get To Work

1 Kings 19:19-21 "So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth:  and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.  And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother and then I will followthee, And he said unto him, Go back again:  for what have I done to thee?  And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat.  Then he arose, and went after Elijah, adn ministered unto him."

The first thing we see about Elisha is the he was working...he was a plowman.  He was plowing with the oxen, breaking up the tough, rugged ground...Elisha would remain a worker til the day he died...And, his job would be a plowman...Oh, but God had a different type of ground in mind for Elisha to break up...Not the hard, rugged and tough ground we call earth...but the ground that God had in mind was harder than any plot of earth...It was the hearts of the Israelites...

Are you a worker???  God said to occupy til He comes...What is your job???  Think about your duties...apply them spiritually...Your job will be much better if you allow God to shine...You may be the only Light some people Read...Yes, I said read...Now back to Elisha...

He was to break up the stony heart of man that had become so harden to God's Word...and He had to know just how to handle the reigns...He knew that he couldn't whip it in their hearts, couldn't plow to deep at the first planting...and couldn't throw them away just because sprigs of no use kept springing up...

When we are the plowmen for God...allow Him to control the plow...Use His Words not yours to win a soul to Christ...God's Word is SHARP...but more POWERFUL when used with Love and true Concern and will win the heart of a sinner when used with the annointing of the Holy Ghost...Well, I had not planned on typing that in here...but God knows the reason...Praise His Name!!!

So Elijah comes up and throws his mantle around Elisha...Elisha didn't have to ask what was going on...He knew what that meant...Mantle's were made for Kings and prophets back in the Bible days...Mantle's were a symbol of the owners calling and authority...Whewwwwwwwwww!!!  To be chosen by the King of Glory...what an honor...I have heard some say, "Well, God has called me to do something and I don't know what it is..."  Let me tell you something...When God calls you...YOU KNOW!!!  And, you don't have to sit and try to figure out WHAT IT IS HE WANTS YOU TO DO...THAT IS WHY MANY ARE CALLED...BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN...FEW...
The truth of the matter is because some are not willing to give up material comfort...Friend...material comfort is of stubble and hay...it ain't gonna last...get in the War Zone and Win Someone to Christ...We need to have our hand so tight on theirs and literally pulling them with all of the Holy Ghost in us out of the lake of fire...Somebody...prayed for me...Praise God...they took the time to get on their face before God Almighty and Pray for me...They didn't say let me get through with this, or let me  do that first...when God told them my name and what He wanted THEY PRAYED FOR ME!!!  Not only that but the came and ministered to me...to my soul...And all because they were suited up and ready for battle...Look plowing is good, but you are not gonna break up a stony heart if you are not dressed for the battle...YOU GOT TO HAVE AND KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR WEAPON...Praise God...The Plow is the Word of God...If you don't know it...Learn It...You are even gonna need it to save yourself while your out there in the field doing God's Work...AMEN!!!

Do I totally understand the sovereign choice of God??? No...I didn't understand why He called me to preach...why He loved me enough to allow me to know the truth, how he uses the simple things in life to teach us...No I do not understand it all...but I have experienced it...I am so thankful that God came walking in the cool of the day...seeing me in my sin...and He called out to me..."Pam, where are you? I missed you talking to me today and I just had to come and see how things were..."  When  I heard the voice of God and my spirit was that of a broken and contrite one...one that God could work with...The Plow got through and broke ole stony heart up...Praise God...sometimes even now, I have to have a good plowing...But one day it will be worth it...I had rather be broken before God than to think that I am somebody and never leave my comfort zone...Oh what a missed opportunity you have if you are not working for the Lord...GO!!! And Go quickly...there is a heart that is breaking and if it is not won for the Lord...I promise you the devil will fill it with fake love...

Friend...Are you thirsty?  Come to the fountain of life giving water...
Do you have wishes?  The gift of Salvation is Free to all, made possible by the shedding of His blood...
Do you want more out of life?  He will give you life ABUNDANTLY!!!
Are you Hungry?  Taste of Him...He is the Bread of Life...His Words are sweeter than Honey...

Child of God we are all witnesses for Him...but if you have heard The Call of God to go forth and be His Minister...Count the cost, leave the past behind and Follow Him...

Elisha had forsaken all, willingly...no questions asked...Each time Elijah told Elisha to stop and not go any further...HMMM!!!  I think the Lord tells us that too sometimes...maybe to see how far we are willing to go...Look at the passage of scripture in Luke 24:13-33 (please read in the KJV)  For space I want type in the scriptures...but it is an awesome passage of scripture...Jesus was wetting their appetite...but in this passage of scriptures...He was testing their desire for Him...
Oh yes, you will be tested...but HOLD ON A LITTLE LONGER HELP IS ON THE WAY...PRAISE GOD!!!  YOU JUST GOT TO REACH OUT, REACH UP AND HOLD ON AND PASS THE WORD ON...THAT MEANS YOU GOT TO PLOW THE FIELD, PLANT THE SEED...YOU AS A MINISTER OF THE MOST HIGH GOD, PLANT AND THE WORKERS OF THE FIELD DO THE WATERING...WORKING TOGETHER IN UNITY AND LOVE...SINNERS WILL SEE THIS AND THEY TOO WILL WANT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TELLING THEM ABOUT!!!

Praise God!!!! Praise God!!!

There is nothing in the way of you following God whereever He leads or calls you to go except you unbroken will...BREAK IT!!!   HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF I WILL FOLLOW WHERE YOU LEAD ME...THAT MEANS WORK...WILL IT BE EASY!!! NO!!!  BUT AS SURE AS GOD SENT MANNA FROM HEAVEN, HE IS STILL GOD TODAY AND HE WILL SUSTAIN YOU AND KEEP YOU IN HIS WORK FOR HIM...

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO TO WORK FOR THE LORD??? 

Praise God I want to go just as far as He takes me...

I hope that something has been said here to get us and keep us motivated to get out of our comfort zone, wake us up in Zion, and let us WORK for HIM while it is yet DAY!!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment