Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blessed Are The Pure in Heart...

Matthew 5:8  "Blessed are the pure in heart:  for they shall see God..."

In this particular commandment Jesus is prompting us to achieve purity of heart...The heart is the guardian of our spiritual life....Some say you have to go with the gut...if I did that I would be dead and in hell today...Praise God, the Holy Ghost talked to my heart...Spiritual contemplation is possible only with a heart that is pure...one that has not been swept clean...is not yet pure...
"The light of the body is the eye:  if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of darkness..."  Matthew 6:22-23

A pure heart is meek, humble, guileless, simple, trusting, true, unsuspicious, gentle, good, not covetous, not envious, not adulterous.  The pure in heart are people who can clearly see God...they can feel God...they can know God in a deeper sense...

The Lord is my light and my savior;  whom then shall fear?  The Lord is the defender of my life;  of whom then shall I be afraid?...One thing I have asked the Lord, this will I seek after:  That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...My heart said unto Thee:  I will seek the Lord.  My face hat sought after Thee:  Thy face, O Lord, will I seek...Psalm26:1, 4, and 8...

Purity of the heart preserves the Word of God...To see God is the highest blessedness...So the pure in heart constantly seeks the vision of God;  it wants His light in its depths...so therefore the pure in heart strive to live to the commandments and laws of God...

Unto the pure all things are pure:  but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure;  and even their mind and conscience is defiled...

What should we do if our heart is not pure...first confess that you haven't been living right...Pray and ask God for spiritual insight in order to take eyes off man and keep them on God...Pray til you become saved, sanctified, filled with the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as He giveth the utterance...Pray til you touch Heaven...Prayer expels evil---that offspring of satan---the enemy of Christ---of Salvation---from the heart...

To remain pure til He comes or calls for us...Have your Heart Set on Heaven...Your Pure Heart and You Will See God...

Hope to Meet You There...

God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment