Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Grave Keeper

John 20:1-18  This is the passage of scripture talking about the resurrection...Please take the time to read the scripture text first...

The caretaker in cemetary where Jesus was buried was quiet dismayed this particular day...as if He could hear the thunderous voice of God ring with a laughter not of any he had heard before...well no wonder, could this be the caretaker thought...

Caretaker:  "O God, what a surprise!  What a wonderful joke! Wow you blew    
                         them away this time..."

God:             "So, You liked what I did???

Caretaker:  "Like it?  I loved it!!!  It was mind boggling, they didn't know what
                         to think."

God:             "My truth is surprising.  What I prepare is so good and so
                       wonderful, NO ONE can comprehend it!!!

Caretaker:  "I loved it."

God:            Smiling stated, "I loved it too!!!

Caretaker:  "I had the best seat in the house, front and center. I mean being
                        the caretaker and all...it has it's priviledges..."

God:              "You had a special view."

Caretaker:  "You know it...It started Friday, late around 5 or 6.  I saw Joesph
                         Arimathea, you know Mr. Megabucks from the Bank of Jerusalem.
                         Nicodemus, Mr. Sanhedrin Councilman, they of all people,
                         carrying the body of Jesus up the hill from Golgotha Cemetary.
                         I couldn't believe it!  We put Him right over there, only grave we
                        could borrow.  Mourners were there.   They bowed before this King.

God:             "Not this King!  He is Jesus, MY SON!!! The King of Kings!!!  The
                       King over Death, Hell and the Grave!!!  For I am the God of the
                       Living...I raised MY SON from the DEAD!!!

Caretaker:  "Didn't mean it that way...I know what you did...After I saw
                          today.  Yes sir, I know...I heard sounds at daybreak!!! I watched
                         a lady scream!!! THE STONE!!!  I saw that it was rolled away!!!
                          She ran a shoutin'---HE'S ALIVE!!!  HE'S ALIVE!!! HE'S ALIVE!!!

God:            "Yes, she had to tell the followers the good news...

Caretaker:  "I didn't know what to do then I heard footsteps running...the
                         disiciples of Christ...They were laughing and dancing and singing
                         High Hosannas!!!  But, I didn't see the Jews...

God:               "They have been blinded"  My friend, you have been more than
                         a caretaker of my son's gravesite, you have felt the presence of
                         God Almighty...for all you have seen, say ye do you believe...

Caretaker:  "Yes Lord, I believe"

God:              "Then ye shall do well in your new home this day with me, come
                         and go with me, for you have served well here my friend."

So many need to hear the good news, but they can witness the good news in our lives...

Continue to tell the story...

PamzSpamz

No comments:

Post a Comment