Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Backporch

Do people actually sit on porches today???  Not as much as they did when I was little...
Front porches were a very important part of growing up in a mining camp...Neighbors would gather at one's house, drink sweet tea, help hose down the porch and tend to each others children as we would see who could fly faster down the hill with no hands on the bike...
But, the backporch...now that was strictly family...
And from our backporch you could see woods, woods and more woods...
As the sun began to set...well, you could even see things that you didn't see before in them woods...
And sometimes you were too scared to move...
Well, the other day...I really had an experience on our backporch now...Still woods behind the house...but, it was early morning...the dew was still on the ground, the birds singing, the squirrels chirping and jumping from one tree to the other...and oh!!! the beautiful colors...and I could see really far into the woods...beautiful things...I even saw flowers at the foot of an ole' tree that appeared to be dead and hollow...then I saw green springing up...yes in the fall of the year...
Then I began to think about our lives and how we may appear to others...Well, I want to be real...just like the woods...come alive in the day and stay the same at night...
I had to step out of my on wooded life and take a good look at me...
I was amazed to see the beauty that God has put into my life...
"Joy Cometh in the Morning...for a child of God...just like it did for the woods at dawn..."
Now, you see why I love my backporch...it is my closet with God...

PamzSpamz

May you find light where you are...

2 comments:

  1. Pam .. I Loved what you found.. from your back porch .. I totally understand about how you see .. Just today I followed the life of one of my little seeds ... it is amazing how God does what He does.. in us and through us .. when we can feel empty and dead inside.. He sees life.. growing .. and finds a way to bless us and show us.. that Beautiful Life.. that He created us to be .. When in doubt.. we need to shout .. and tell that devil spirit to keep his thoughts to hiself ...We are Loved.. We are of Value.. And God has a plan for our lives..and it is to prosper us.. Amen! .. Love you my sister friend ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vine from a seed can grow, and grow and grow...
    Can go many places and touch many souls...
    The vine will never forget from whence it came...
    She is the root of David...
    God's offspring...
    Love yuo to my sista...

    ReplyDelete