Sunday, November 14, 2010

Like An Eagle???

Someone told me once that we should be like an eagle, and I wondered, "Why like a bird?"

Well, then I couldn't let go of the scripture---"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;  they shall mount up with wings of eagles;  they shall run, and not be weary;  they shall walk, and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31 KJV

Wait???  Oh brother do they not know that I really do not know how to wait...Not on my own strength anyway...

Like Eagles???  First of all an eagle is a strong, confident, and a very one mate bird...very devoted...hmmm???  Got some people beat!!!
An eagle understands thermal currents and they know how and when to spread their wings...
An eagle dwells in top of rocks and clefts...in high places...

THE LORD IS MY ROCK AND MY SALVATION...He is my high place...I dwell under the shadow of the Almighty...

That is a wonderful place to be...no harm there...

Wait---to remain inactive...staying in one place until something anticipated happens...to be in a mindset of, "I am ready..."

Did you know that an eagle will perch on a rock and wait for the sunrise???  While waiting...it looks down to spot prey and waits for the moment to swoop down and devour...

Thought---we cannot mount up with wings of an eagle if we choose not to wait...Wait and I say---Wait upon the Lord...
Waiting can be a few seconds or as Zechariah did for 400 years...When we wait on the Hand of God to move we will soar to new heights and places in Him...

Did you know that flying into the wind is dangerous???
You get higher lifting by flying against the wind...
Thought---If you sense trouble...or that the enemy of your soul is wanting you to fly for pleasure---go against the devil...you got it...you will reach yet another higher place in God...

Eagles have amazing sight...they can see straight ahead, and to the side..."To have eyes and no vision would be worse than being blind..."  Helen Keller
Look at Lot's wife...had eyes but no vision...sought pleasure...should've went against the wind...
Why look back when if you are a child of the Most High King...you have more to look for than what you had...
We need "eagle vision."

Also before flying the eagles clean their feathers...Once the feathers are restored, dead ones removed, baby ones replaced...the eagle is ready to soar into the heavens...
Purge yourselves...we will not be able to go through the fire and come out as gold if we have sin in our lives...we would just be dross...which is very ugly...Examine yourselves daily and see if ye be in the faith...if your not...perch on the rock til all the dead feathers are gone...

The eagle deals with survival of one day at a time...the bible says to take no thought of tomorrow...

Yeah...I can see that now...LIKE AN EAGLE!!!

Determined!!!


PamzSpamz

2 comments:

  1. I Loved this .. I will take the life of the Eagle any day over life in the chicken coup .. standing around in another chicken's pooph ...
    Love.. LisaMe! .. I have been resting yesterday and today .. allowing those purged feathers to come off .. I have my sights set.. and am preparing at just the right moment to fly/soar .. into the things God has for me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I don't know why the big white space...but there is my Eagle...LOL

    ReplyDelete