Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MEEKNESS IS NOT WEAKNESS

Isaiah 30:15  "For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel;  In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength;  and ye would not."

This was an appeal to turn to the Lord for help, but before I get too far ahead of myself, let me word an illustration and please bear with me...

There are many powerful, overwhelming and just breathtaking sites in the world...
To drop the names of a few places;  Niagara Falls,  The Grand Canyon,  The Great Lakes,  The Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina and I could mention more...but with the noted ones above I think you will get the picture...

When visiting any one of these places there is STRONG history that makes each one STAND OUT!!! AMAZING!!!

You know people want to be sought after like vacation spots...they have the need to be something, be important, seek power and positions in this life...they think if they don't keep their MATERIAL APPEARANCES up and be ADAMANT in their speech and character that people will run over them...some have nothing, yet build walls around themselves and put on the front of having something...they are harsh...because they are not real....

Jesus showed the form of meekness when He took the towel and girded Himself and washed the feet of the disciples...He showed us how to be SERVANTS OF GOD!!!  Chris Hart, a friend of mine has on his profile, "I'm just a nobody, trying to tell everybody that somebody loves them."  How awesome!!!

Moses became arrogant...misused his power by killing and Egyptian, which only dissipated his power because his own people stopped respecting him...Exodus 2:11-15

The MEEK prosper and inherit the EARTH...that is a promise from God found in Matthew 5:5...

I had rather have Jesus than anything, than to be the queen of a vast domain...I had rather be His servant here and live with Him forever than to ever think that I am a somebody...The only thing that I am, is what He has made me...and He is still working on me...soft clay is easier to work with when it is in the molding process...when it gets hard He has to break us down and start over...

While you are sharing the message of Christ do it with a humble and sweet spirit...

Let God teach you to be meek so you can live in and depend on His strength...

Doing it your way will not accomplish anything...

BE MEEK NOT WEAK IN THE LORD!!!


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment